As with any event, it’s important to make sure that everyone’s able to enjoy the event equally, regardless of their age, background, or experience within the Networking community. With that in mind, we have published the following Respect Policy, which all attendees are expected to follow.
- NetMeetup Scotland is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees in any form.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate, including within talks.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for NetMeetup Scotland.
- Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave at the sole discretion of the organisers. If you’re instead given a warning, this applies immediately.
- The facilities provided by our gracious hosts every meeting are normally provided free of charge. Please pay full respect to the space, and to the staff working around you during the meeting, as you would be expected to in any public venue.
- Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
Any unfavourable or inappropriate behaviour should be raised to James or Lewis, or a proxy whom you feel comfortable liaising with. We can be reached either in person, or collectively via ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
We reserve the right to add to this in the future, or as required to ensure a friendly & fun environment.
We would like to thank our friends at NetMcr who very graciously have allowed us to adopt the respect policy they originally published.